San Valentino Golf Club
Via Telarolo 12, 42014 San Valentino di Castellarano, Reggio Emilia, Italy
- par: 69 69
- length: 5.211 m 4.464 m
- slope: 117 117
- par: 69 69
- length: 5.211 m 4.464 m
- architect:Carlo Quintilli
In the region of Emilia Romagna, is one of Italy’s most famous golf courses – San Valentino Golf Club. It is a unique course that feels miles away from the hustle and bustle of Italian streets without being too far in the mountains. It gives the chance to play a game of golf at a type course you are unlikely to find in many other corners of Italy and is only an hours drive from Bologna airport.
There are many features that make this a must-visit course:
- it is an 18-hole, par-72 course with a very unique landscape due to it’s height differential. Each hole starts and finishes and different heights, which makes it a very dynamic round of golf and one of the top golf courses in Italy;
- it covers an area of 6203m and has a slope of 117/117 which makes the course very accessible to all levels of golfers. Furthermore, it includes 3 artificial lakes with a lot of trees surrounding it which gives it a very natural look as you play;
- there is also a driving range with covered emplacements to practice that golfswing, along with a putting green, chipping and pitching green so you can improve your golf shots and short game;
- they also have a personal teaching programme so that you can get all those useful golfi tips for beginners to take onto the course!
The weather in this part of Italy is fairly good all year, except for the winter months where it gets quite wet. Nevertheless, it has still been played on around January time by previous users. However, the summer and early fall months provide conditions for the best round of golf possible.
If you want to do anything after your round of golf at San Valentino Golf Club then you have plenty of options:
- there is a clubhouse where you can sit down at the very professionally run restaurant and sample traditional Italian dishes while you drink a glass of wine courtesy of the fully stocked bar;
- if you don’t want to eat, then you can take a trip to the sauna or the outdoor pool to spend some very well deserved relaxation time while the kids are at the playground;
- another big bonus of this course is that there is a club hotel, the ‘Foresteria’ which you can stay at while you play, complete with mini bar, room service and direct TV.
To find out about tee times at San Valentino Golf Club, then click on the enquire button at the top of the page and we will find them for you!
Why not read the reviews and ratings lift by fellow users or leave your own one if you have just returned from there!
golf course condition
value for money
Golf courses nearby
- Tyler ThompsonCaddy4 reviews
Unforgettable course07/11/2014this review is the subjective opinion of a GOLFBOO user and not of GOLFBOO S.LI played with my friends at San Valentino Golf club and the course was just so unique. Each hole has its own features and the whole course is relatively hilly. The greens are fast and undulated and few of them are protected by bunkers. It is rather a challenging course with many different challenges to overcome, hence I recommend to experienced golfers. Also the clubhouse is very nice and comfortable which is perfect to grab a drink after a game of golf. I will be back, that is for sure!
Average rating obtained byThis rating for San Valentino Golf Club. is the average of 10 ratings obtained from www.worldgolf.comI played in San valentino last 15.10 and i was enchanted.Beautiful golf course in a exciting landscape.The course is very technical and must be approached with humility and respect.Magnificent club ho
Average rating obtained byThis rating for San Valentino Golf Club. is the average of 10 ratings obtained from www.1golf.euThe bunkers were washed out due to rain and not playable, however this was not bad. The space is unkempt and urgently needed maintenance. The course is hilly and sometimes very closely. There are better places in the area. HCP Player 1.8