The Roxburghe Golf Club
Heiton by Kelso, Roxburghshire, TD5 8JZ
- par: 72
- length: 5.985 m
- par: 72
- length: 5.985 m
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course is located in the heart of the Scottish Borders and is set within a 50,000 acre estate owned by Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe.
Roxburghe Golf Club has been voted the 6th best golfing experience in Scotland by the readers of Bunkered.
Roxburghe has hosted main prestigious events including The Scottish Senior Open and The European Tour Qualifying School – stage 1.
The Duke, a keen golfer, commissioned internationally renowned golf architect and former Ryder Cup star Dave Thomas to create a golf of the highest quality suing the existing natural features of the site to best effect.
- Roxburghe is an exceptional parkland course laid out along the River Teviot and surrounded by beautiful natural woodland.
- The signature hole, the ‘viaduct’ has an elevated tee which allows for breath taking views across the river
- Roxburghe golf course is and 18 hole parkland course with a par of 72 and a length of approximately 5985m.
- The golf course bears all the unique hallmarks of Dave Thomas, numerous challenging bunkers, mature woodland to define fairways, dramatic water hazard and generous rolling greens.
Tee times for visitors to Roxburghe Golf Club are available to play seven days a week, but a handicap certificate is required. The course is open on a pay as you play basis to hotel residents, groups and societies.
Green Fees are available by round. Fees are cheaper in some months and hotel residents receive a discount.
- The clubhouse is a modern venue with a bar and restaurant.
- The club uses local and estate produce whenever possible and aims to provide the best in catering and service, with the Spike Bar and Fairways restaurant open to all and overlooking the putting green and the 1st tee.
- The Clubhouse is available for functions.
- The pro shop on site is well stocked and offers equipment to purchase and to hire.
- PGA Club Professional Craig Montgomerie is available to provide advice on purchases, tips on the course and tuition.
The Roxburghe Golf Club is located at the gateway to Scottish golf and will provide a memorable test of golf for golfers of all abilities.
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course is located about an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and two hours from Glasgow, and is an hour’s drive from the English cities of Newcastle and Carlisle. Public transport routes are available from all the cities.
See our golf packages in this area here and read reviews of this course from other customers on the left hand side of this page.
golf course condition
value for money
Golf courses nearby
- JennyCaddy1 review
The best in Scotland12/02/2014this review is the subjective opinion of a GOLFBOO user and not of GOLFBOO S.LI challenge you to find a better course, I have played here several times and in my opinion there is no other course like it. It is well maintained with vibrant green grass and the greens were in excellent shape. This combined with a friendly, outgoing staff is what makes me come back every time.
Average rating obtained byThis rating for The Roxburghe Golf Club. is the average of 26 ratings obtained from www.golfshake.comBeautiful course, weather being superb helped of course! Some long walks between holes, but well worth it as course was in great condition.. (Round played: Aug 2016 - Score: 86 Handicap: 14.1)
Average rating obtained byThis rating for The Roxburghe Golf Club. is the average of 12 ratings obtained from www.top100golfcourses.co.ukI would have to agree with others who have commented (members bias excepted) about the 'greatness' of the Roxburghe. I've played in many times (father a member) but I'm not alone in considering it vastly over-rated. Sure it stands out in the Borders where Cardona aside there's little to get proper golfers excited but how they get away with the 'Gateway to Scottish Golf' nonsense is beyond me; the Borders is not an area that real golfers bother about - East Lothian (Scotland's Golf Coast as it's officially called with Muirfield, North Berwick, Dunbar and Gullane) or Ayrshire with Troon, Turnberry and Western Gailes, the north with Old Moray, Royal Dornoch, Balgownie etc and of course Fife and Tayside with St Andrews, Elie, Crail, Carnoustie and Panmure are the REAL deal. The Roxburghe with its pseudo country-club set up but long, tedious and unattractive layout (save for the railway viaduct which of course the designers had no hand in!) just doesn't cut it. Save your money if you're tempted to take a trip to the Borders and instead head an hour's dive across to East Lothian; that's proper golf. CJYL
Average rating obtained byThis rating for The Roxburghe Golf Club. is the average of 13 ratings obtained from www.ukgolfguide.comUsing a greenfree voucher at Â£40 each was money well spent. A class venue without being in your face.Friendly welcome in the pro shop. Not a weak hole on the course, great scenery, wide fairways and large bunkers make this a must play if in the area. Condition was excellent in late August.