The Roxburghe Golf Club
Heiton by Kelso, Roxburghshire, TD5 8JZ
- par: 72
- length: 5.985 m
- par: 72
- length: 5.985 m
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course is located in the heart of the Scottish Borders and is set within a 50,000 acre estate owned by Duke and Duchess of Roxburghe.
Roxburghe Golf Club has been voted the 6th best golfing experience in Scotland by the readers of Bunkered.
Roxburghe has hosted main prestigious events including The Scottish Senior Open and The European Tour Qualifying School – stage 1.
The Duke, a keen golfer, commissioned internationally renowned golf architect and former Ryder Cup star Dave Thomas to create a golf of the highest quality suing the existing natural features of the site to best effect.
- Roxburghe is an exceptional parkland course laid out along the River Teviot and surrounded by beautiful natural woodland.
- The signature hole, the ‘viaduct’ has an elevated tee which allows for breath taking views across the river
- Roxburghe golf course is and 18 hole parkland course with a par of 72 and a length of approximately 5985m.
- The golf course bears all the unique hallmarks of Dave Thomas, numerous challenging bunkers, mature woodland to define fairways, dramatic water hazard and generous rolling greens.
Tee times for visitors to Roxburghe Golf Club are available to play seven days a week, but a handicap certificate is required. The course is open on a pay as you play basis to hotel residents, groups and societies.
Green Fees are available by round. Fees are cheaper in some months and hotel residents receive a discount.
- The clubhouse is a modern venue with a bar and restaurant.
- The club uses local and estate produce whenever possible and aims to provide the best in catering and service, with the Spike Bar and Fairways restaurant open to all and overlooking the putting green and the 1st tee.
- The Clubhouse is available for functions.
- The pro shop on site is well stocked and offers equipment to purchase and to hire.
- PGA Club Professional Craig Montgomerie is available to provide advice on purchases, tips on the course and tuition.
The Roxburghe Golf Club is located at the gateway to Scottish golf and will provide a memorable test of golf for golfers of all abilities.
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course is located about an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and two hours from Glasgow, and is an hour’s drive from the English cities of Newcastle and Carlisle. Public transport routes are available from all the cities.
See our golf packages in this area here and read reviews of this course from other customers on the left hand side of this page.
golf course condition
value for money
Golf courses nearby
Average rating obtained byThis rating for The Roxburghe Golf Club. is the average of 13 ratings obtained from www.ukgolfguide.comUsing a greenfree voucher at Â£40 each was money well spent. A class venue without being in your face.Friendly welcome in the pro shop. Not a weak hole on the course, great scenery, wide fairways and large bunkers make this a must play if in the area. Condition was excellent in late August.
Average rating obtained byThis rating for The Roxburghe Golf Club. is the average of 5 ratings obtained from www.todaysgolfer.co.ukWas Fortunate to play this awesome course in early June on a perfect sunny day , an absolute gem of a course , highly recommended.....worth the drive from Glasgow, every hole is memeorable and overall immaculate condition, dont have a bad word to say , everything was perfect, even the golf.........a brilliant track that should be added to your golf course bucket list. even had a wave from the duke himself while he was out walking his dogs..... didnt know whether to wave back or bow ....so we just shouted ....great course duke.
Average rating obtained by
- JennyCaddy1 review
The best in Scotland12/02/2014this review is the subjective opinion of a GOLFBOO user and not of GOLFBOO S.LI challenge you to find a better course, I have played here several times and in my opinion there is no other course like it. It is well maintained with vibrant green grass and the greens were in excellent shape. This combined with a friendly, outgoing staff is what makes me come back every time.